Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Routine

So... I am trying to be the parent to Mamas. To my understanding, there are no clear ways of being taught how to be a parent. Its... a natural reaction. At least that's what Mrs. B said, my mentor. With this being said, I am trying to bring in routes. Granny and I agree that 7:30- 8:00 pm is the perfect time for her to go to sleep on a school night, and 9:30 on weekends. Koo... I'm no longer worried about pleasing Granny... just... appeasing her rules while I am under her house hold. The routine I am thinking of starts at 5am and ends at 8:30pm on weekdays, and I'm not quite sure about weekends yet. I want to start a relaxing yet, inspirational workout in the mornings right before I wake Mamas, so that my day starts with energy, and end the day in a calm meditation that stretches my muscles and mind. I also need to improve my breathing and endurance,  because my body can't hold my weight.
I believe my routine will also introduce balance to Mamas and I relationship. I want her to understand I am her mother and mentor, not best friend. Right now, due to being goofy and friendly... I stirred her into seeing me as a playmate. I don't mean to be mean, but I am trying to restructure our relationship into the firm yet, flexible love that I didnt receive from my mom. Unfortunately, yes, I am depending on the parenting lessons taught in foster care, the Cosby Show, and  experience as a roaring teen to guide me towards the light; LOL.
I'm really looking forward to attending classes for cooking, yoga, parenting, home economics, basically anything that will make me a more independent, efficient and reliable human being. I realized I wont ever be the gold arch in my family's eyes, but to be able to conquer all that I manipulated, broken and burned without that bridge of support would be a complete understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment